how to alleviate stress & anxiety
during the college application season
- Repeat after me: you are going to college. We just don’t know where yet. This is a process that you began years ago and it cannot be rushed.
- Stop trying to be perfect. You are good enough. Know when to say “this is good enough.” Move on to other things.
- Don’t sign up for everything senior year. Leave some down time in your life to relax, play, spend time daydreaming, read, have fun.
- Take some reach schools off your list. Your list should be primarily made up of colleges you are likely to get into, and your family can afford. Find places that will appreciate who you are for what you are now.
- Plan ahead. Deadlines cannot be extended. Get your essays done early, and applications filed a few days before the deadline.
- “I am so stressed out” is not a status symbol. You are not a better student if you look frazzled, stayed up all night studying, and get through the exam first.
- This is a marathon. Take care of yourself by prioritizing a good night’s sleep, plenty of water, healthy food, and down time.
- Celebrate after you apply. Have a special dinner with your family.
Post a Comment