This small Catholic college is very popular for Cheverus students who wish to attend a college near home. Many live in the dorms to have the whole college experience.
- Their nursing program is very good and very competitive to get into.
- Do you like to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity? SJCME is active in that group.
- Like eating local food? They have a farm across the street that supplies the college with fresh food! Students also pick the crops to bring to the local food pantry.
- 40 majors. Popular ones are education and business.
- small classes are the hallmark of a SJCME education
- it's on a hill overlooking Sebago Lake: gorgeous location!
our rep is Lynn Brown. She explained the following elements of the application process:
- your essay is the one place where they hear your voice
- a teacher letter of recommendation describes you as a student and citizen in the classroom
- the counselor letter of recommendation gives lots of background info on you, and any growth you experienced over your 4 years at Cheverus
- your transcript and SAT/ACT scores are #1. For nursing, your SAT/ACT scores must be high so the college is assured you will pass the nursing exams later on
- an interview is recommended
I met Blake, a 2011 graduate, bio major, and admissions counselor. He talked about the many service trips to Kentucky, Louisiana, NYC, Guatemala and Haiti. He was a member of the new men's lacrosse team and how there's also a women's lax team. basketball is big here, and all the students turn out to watch the games. Athletes have higher GPAs than non-athletes at SJCME.
Financial Aid Information
- total cost $44,000 (tuition, room and board)
- merit aid is awarded based on GPA and test scores
- need based aid is also awarded
- they require the FAFSA
- use their online calculator to see if you qualify